The Church Buildings
Christ Church, Crookham was consecrated in 1841 for the people of Crookham Village and the Church School added some years later. The leading English churchman and poet, John Keble (b.1792 – d.1866) worshipped at Christ Church when visiting his friends in the nearby village of Dogmersfield. Christ Church is designated as Grade 2* Listed by English Heritage mainly due to George Sumner’s beautiful Sgraffito work in the chancel. The Church Hall, called the 'Vestry Hall', was added on the south side of the church building in the 1960s, and has a newly refurbished modern kitchen and toilets and is used for church meetings, social functions and by various community groups. The church seats 180 people but room will always be found for anyone who wishes to attend church. There is disabled access and facilities.
The Chapel of our Lady
The chancel was enlarged in 1877 when a Children’s Aisle was built, now known as the Lady Chapel. This is a quiet space for private prayer.
The Jubilee Annexe
Attached to the hall is a newly built smaller building known as the 'Jubilee Annexe', completed in 2013 and contains a modern, comfortable, meeting room, the Parish Office and further toilets including one with disabled access. The meeting room known as the 'LeFroy Room' can be booked for commercial use. Refreshments are available.